Caruso Family Charities (CFC) was created to assist families dealing with the emotional and financial stresses of childhood cancers and other life-threatening illnesses. Within certain limits and resources, our foundation may assist families with BOTH medical and living expenses while under treatment.
What are the criteria?
- Applicant’s child must have a life-threatening or life-altering diagnosis and be receiving active treatment.
- Applicant’s child must be receiving treatment in Colorado.
- Applicants may receive assistance once in a 12-month period.
- Priority is given to applicants whose household expenses exceed household income and those who demonstrate a dire financial situation.
- Verification form must be completed and signed by a healthcare professional. (physician, nurse, socialworker, or physician’s assistant)
- If you have circumstances not addressed within these questions or would like to provide additional comments, please email us with that information.
- All applications are reviewed by the members of the board for final decision.
- Referring professionals will be notified of the status of the application within 30 days.
- If approved, assistance is not ongoing; it is for one month only.
- A copy of the patient’s medical records may be required.
How Do I Apply?
- Download the application form on our website. The application must be fully completed. Send copies of medical bills, co-pays, deductibles, etc.
- Enter information in approximate dollar amounts.
- The living expenses application is intended to assist families with loss of income or whose work has been restricted because of treatment obligations. Financial assistance for travel to/from treatments, rent, food, daycare, etc. are common types of assistance.
How long will it take to process my application?
Once your application is received, we will contact you within a few days to set up a site visit so we can meet you and your family and hear about your unique situation personally. After that help is provided quickly, sometimes as soon as the next day.
Can I refer someone who might need your help?
Absolutely. With limited resources, we may not be able to help everyone who applies, but we do our best to help as many people as we can. You can also have them contact us or download the application form to get started.